POST-OP MYRINGOTOMY AND TYMPANOSTOMY TUBE INSERTION
- Nausea or vomiting during the first few hours may be expected. When there is no nausea or vomiting, resume a normal diet.
- Follow physician instructions regarding the use of ear plugs.
- A thin, watery or bloody drainage from the ear following surgery is not unusual. If the drainage becomes thick and yellow or foul smelling, call the physician’s office.
- Regular activities may be resumed following surgery.
- Use Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen for pain in ear.
- A cotton plug may be present in the ear if eardrops were placed in the ear after surgery. You may remove it at anytime.
- Use any ear drops prescribed by the physician as directed.
- Please call our office to schedule a follow up appointment 7-10 days after surgery.