Laryngoscopy Post-Op Care
- Resume normal diet this afternoon.
- For pain, use Tylenol (acetaminophen) or a prescription pain medicine if prescribed by your physician (attached).
- Rest today, normal activity tomorrow as tolerated.
- Do not drive, operate machinery or sign important papers for 24 hours.
- May bathe or shower immediately.
- Physician will advise if voice restrictions or rest is necessary.
- Please call the physicians office to schedule a one week follow up appointment.
- Small amounts/specks of blood in sputum is expected for 1-2 days.
Call your physician at 316-684-2838 in case of:
- Excessive pain
- Persistent or abnormal bleeding
- Difficulty breathing
- Fever and chills
- Persistent nausea or vomiting