Adenoid Removal Post-Op Care
- Regular diet.
- Activity as tolerated.
- For pain or discomfort use Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Ibuprofen.DO NOT USE ASPIRIN.
- Objectionable mouth odor commonly observed for several days is relieved by drinking fluids and adequate intake of foods.
- Ear pain and a slight fever (99-100°for the first few days is a common occurrence and may be disregarded.
- Mild bleeding is NOT unusual and usually stops with gargling ice cold water for 1-2 minutes. If bleeding continues or clots are seen in the throat, call the office.
- Please call to schedule a follow-up appointment for ten (10) days following surgery.
Call the office at 316-684-2838 if the following occur:
- If bleeding from the throat.
- Persistent cough or high fever developing within ten (10) days following surgery.